The END:

Discussion in 'General Discussion - Bike Related' started by Laurie Krause, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Laurie Krause

Laurie Krause
    Expand Collapse

Sadly after 45 years of riding it is time to hand up the helmet for good. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2012 and being a degenerative disease it has worsened. It effects me so much of the time now even short rides (20 kilometres from home.) I had been doing for the past few months have required my wife to pick up a mate and come rescue me and the Scout.

I had always loved Indians and I was so excited when Polaris got production underway in 2013. I liked the new range but couldn't justify the purchase knowing my medical prognosis. When the Scout appeared in 2015 I wanted one so much. I hummed and harred for 2 years until I bit the bullet and purchased the 2017 model.

In hindsight financially it wasn't a wise decision but to counterbalance this it has brought me much joy. A stunning looking motorcycle. A motorcycle I always had to look back at after I had parked it. It will be gone soon but the memories will remain.

Attached Files:

#1 Laurie Krause, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes your heart rules your head . Its called passion . It is very sad that you are no longer able to ride . Perhaps a trike , is an option , or at the very least , one of your friends may be able to take you for a ride .

3. Laurie Krause

Laurie Krause
    Expand Collapse