Suspension

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by DeanoM, Apr 19, 2018.

1. DeanoM

DeanoM
    Expand Collapse

HI all - looking at upgrading the suspension and springs on my 2016 Scout. I've read through the previous threads but looking for any latest thinking. The local dealer didn't seem that interested to talk options today but the choices seem to be Fox from them or Ohlins from another.

If anyone has a set up they are happy with, I would be keen to hear.

Cheers....Deano

2. Gary Moreland

Gary Moreland
    Expand Collapse

Hey Deano, do yourself a favour and take a look at DarkScouts kit. Works well on my 2016 Scout - I put some feedback on the forum.

FatscoutAustralia likes this.
  3. DeanoM

DeanoM
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Gary...I've sent Dark Scout an email. Did you fit them yourself?

4. Gary Moreland

Gary Moreland
    Expand Collapse

Deano, yeah I did my own install with great support from Darkscout. Front forks need some care but very doable . Good luck with it.
    cheers

5. Jetski

Jetski
    Expand Collapse

I talked to Ikon. They do a progressive spring upgrade for the front, and they do rear shocks as well. Got them to build a custom shock 10mm. longer than stock. After doing the math, that is what I needed to get a 25mm lift. About $900 from memory.Turned up new fork tube caps 50mm long so I could slide my forks down through the triple tree to get the same lift on the front. Still nice and low for shorter legs, but have to push hard to scrape through the fun stuff now. Make sure the front wheel is off the ground before you undo your fork caps when changing the front springs.
    I put a throttle lock on as well, and that came with bar end weights to balance it. Made a big difference to that shimmy you get from rough roads. use it to make the throttle a little stiffer just on normal riding as well, otherwise it's way too light. KAOKO brand.

Dan likes this.
  6. FatscoutAustralia

FatscoutAustralia
    Expand Collapse

Hi Jetski

What was the main reason you asked for a longer shock? Was the standard length shock from Ikon lacking some capability?

7. dame

dame
    Expand Collapse

he mentions above that it was to give higher ground clearance to stop the pegs from scraping when cornering

#7 dame, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    FatscoutAustralia likes this.
  8. Priceeee

Priceeee
    Expand Collapse

Hey Deanno, my 2015 Scout has rear Progressives + pre-set front fork springs (52mm blocks) - worx a treat :) After 52k the rear shocks blew out so am looking for replacements, might go to Fox's but they r expensive (1.5k) & for a bit more $$'s am thinking rear adjustable gas suspension. What did u come up with mate ?