Roadmaster Elite 2020 massive Changes from the 2018 and 2019 models

Discussion in 'Indian Roadmaster' started by Martin Quick, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

Received an email showing the 2020 RM Elite . Even at a glance , you can tell it is a whole new ball game . I will outline the changes that I noted . Some for the better , and some perhaps not . So I intend to be fair , as I own a 2018 RM Elite , I feel qualified to do the comparo ..
    1/The most noticeable change is the paint . A whole new paint scheme , that takes a little getting used to . They have still given the bike a 30 hour paint job , but unlike the previous 2 models , it doesn't strike me as stunning , perhaps seeing one in the flesh will WOW me . The Indian description is Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Gunmetal Flake .
    2/ The price is up $5,000.00 on my 2018 to $54, 995.00 .
    3/The have replaced the Gold leaf badging with Std RM fair , which fits better with the paint scheme .
    4/The front wheel is an all new 19" mag , [ same as Chieftain Elite ] I love the look , and I fitted the previous 19" version to my RM Elite .A vast improvement over the stock 16" rim . Hard to tell , but the rear wheel looks to be the same design as the front .
    5/The Engine is the new and more powerful 116 CUI option , that is fitted with many detail parts in Red , push rod tubes and all engine badging , looks great ! This still has the variable ride modes as std . This engine detail looks to be carried over from the Chieftain Elite .
    6/The floor boards as shown , are not the uber expensive billet items , but the cheaper chrome detailed option .
    7/The electronic variable screen remains , but is now described as " Flaired ' So I presume it is different .
    8/The awesome 600watt sound system remains , as a massive upgrade to the 2018 system . In saying this , I am very happy with my Roadmaster_Elite_Thunder_Black_Vivid_Crystal_over_Gunmetal_Flake_pt.jpg 5.jpg f3.jpg f2-1.jpg 4.jpg 20181225_160647_resized.jpg 2018 setup . Big sound is a big part of the USA cycle and Bagger Scene . On a recent trip to the USA we attended 2 bike Rallies , and mega sound systems were the norm .
    9/The possibly generic pics of the bike show the eye level Brake light fitted .
    10/ The front and rear bumpers are not shown on the bike .
    These are the changes that I have seen so far . Looks to me like they have cut cost with a few minor detail changes . In saying that the 116Cui Engine package is a very expensive upgrade , and that is included as stock . Flaired screen and 19" mag wheel upgrades will change the whole feel of the bike from a std Roadmaster . Worth the money , that's your decision . I have to say I absolutely love my 2018 RM Elite , the build quality , and rideability are rarely equalled in the World of Touring Motorcycles . My 2 cents . Love to hear your opinion .