engine failure what the f do I do now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion - Bike Related' started by 111 rick, Sep 5, 2019.

1. 111 rick

111 rick
    Expand Collapse

I have a 2016 dark horse with a lot of genuine accessories with the exception of a Corbin seat. Since I put all my super into buying this bike I expected it to last me out as I can't ride much due to a bad back I don't know The exact milage but it is under 20k has been serviced and babied all its life but now I don't know what to do I went for a ride on the 28/07/19 whilst on the ride doing approx. 60 KPH I heard a bit of metallic grinding and the motor stoped and has not shown any signs of life since. what do I do there is no fault codes when you push the start button there is complete silence . I have no income I have managed to keep it fully insured but I now know Thats a wast of money unless you plain to set fire to it, throw it down the road and have it stollen.
    So has any body been in this position and can any body help?

#1 111 rick, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

Contact your Indian Dealer , and speak to your Workshop Coordinator and discuss your issue . This is not a usual situation , and Indian may be prepared to help , especially if it is just out of Warranty . Keep in mind , most mechanical workshop , charges $100 plus an hour .

3. 111 rick

111 rick
    Expand Collapse

thanks Martin I have done all that It is at the dealers in bits (lots of bits) The problem being a bent con-rod so not a cheep fix the dealer tried for help for me from Polaris under good will and guess what they won't help I think Indian is going the way of Victory so I will be spending a lot of time on the computer Informing as many people as this WWW will reach in the meantime enjoy yours while it still goes!

4. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

Hi Rick . Well out of date warranty can go either way . My suggestion to you is to advertise on here to ask if someone who has fitted a 116 cui kit , would be interested in selling you some or all of their parts . Including rods pistons barrels . Someone may even give them to you . Mine is running perfectly . Sorry yours has had this issue . You could contact each dealer , and offer to buy any left over parts , as some people dont take their old bits . Good luck . I believe they can remove rods without splitting crankcases nowadays .

5. 111 rick

111 rick
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Martin cases are already split there was some other damage that needs parts that are on backorder I believe the dealer is trying to help but POLARIS DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
    I will just have to wait and see.