Challenger pic

Discussion in 'General Discussion - Bike Related' started by Martin Quick, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

Found this interresting pic of the new Indian Challenger . Not keen so far on the styling , but look at the engine , is that a new engine , or a scout engine ??? 70558273_368349097448550_8963444795104034816_n.jpg

Matt Curry likes this.
  2. Matt Curry

Matt Curry
    Expand Collapse

Looks better than I expected (from what you can see)
    The Scout Engine certainly has proven it self.
    So why not go BIGGER lol.
    Should be interesting to hear reviews.

Craig Baird likes this.
  3. Craig Baird

Craig Baird
    Expand Collapse

I was interested in buying this years Limited 116, then you read indian have brought out the Challenger which is a liquid cooled 108 but actually puts out a lot more grunt than the 116. Talk about a company shooting themselves in the foot?

If they had a new developed better motor why not introduce it in the Chieftan range also?

4. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

We are a fickle lot , and some riders dont like water cooling . Aka V-Rod . " That's not a real Harley , its got a radiator " Its the wrong angle V even . So unless it became absolutely necessary for emission requirements , I feel that it is a very good decision to run both engine formats . I am happy with my 111 cui . But in saying that , World emissions standards do dictate engine noise and emissions . We will all be running water cooling eventually .

Craig Baird likes this.
  5. Martin Quick

Martin Quick
    Expand Collapse

The Challenger has the all new Powerplus engine . Liquid cooled , 123 hp . Nothing to do with the Scout engine .

Craig Baird likes this.